Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Databases

LexisNexis Successive Fraction Search

Search: Sharing Research between Academic Librarians.

Strategy:
S1: Academic Librarians 996 Hits
S1 and S2: Scholarly Communication or Information Transfer 2 Hits
S1, S2 and S3: Research 2 Hits (same hits as found with the first two facets)

Here they are:


Benefits of free accessThe Australian (Australia), October 18, 2006 Wednesday, FEATURES; Higher Education; Pg. 21, 706 words, Bernard Lane

2
Over-citation puts integrity under cloudThe Australian (Australia), August 9, 2006 Wednesday, FEATURES; Higher Education; Pg. 33, 1007 words, Bernard Lane


Can I just say that I am not a huge fan of LexisNexis. I am not sure why I had difficulties with this database, but we did not get along so great. As for Successive Fraction Search it takes getting used to, but I like the results you can get.



No comments: